The Martha's Vineyard Rod & Gun Club is a private non-profit club for members and their guests. It has been serving the sportsman's community on the island since the early 1900's. The organization consists 100% of volunteers and the members donate thousands of man-hours each year to make all of their programs a reality.
The Rod & Gun Club is the only club of this type on Martha's Vineyard. It was founded in 1911 and incorporated in 1938. Since 1952, the club has been located on 16-acres of land in Edgartown overlooking spectacular Sengekontacket Pond and Nantucket Sound.
The facilities consist of a clubhouse, 1/2 mile of private, sandy, saltwater shoreline, two casting ranges, a 50-yard firing range, a 50-yard archery range, one skeet field and one trap field.